It's barbecue time here and I am with one of my best barbecue chicken recipe, also really excited to share it!!! In one of my previous posts(Brined Roasted Chicken), I talked about brining, well for this recipe I tried buttermilk for brining the meat. The result is always juicy tender meat! It's rainy time here, although it is not raining much, but still the lovely weather and cool winds invite you ourdoors. So celebrated the awesome rainy ambience with these delicious smokey chicken tikkas....yumm!! The recipe is simple but super in taste. Enjoy them with green chutney, which is a blend of herbs, nuts, onion or tomato and super easy to make at home. So try this someday and cook the natural way!! Hope you like it!!!
You need5-6 chicken breasts
3 bell peppers (yellow, red or green or all)
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
3 cups buttermilk
2 tablespoon salt (I used himalayan pink salt)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
handful of parsley (chopped)
2 medium onions (grind to paste)
6-8 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves or 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves
1/4 teaspoon mace powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder (or more)
1 teaspoon amchur (dried mango powder)
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon salt
1tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon oil
Method1. Wash Chicken breasts, pat dry and cut them in pieces.
2. In a deep vessel, add buttermilk, salt, sugar, pepper and parsley. Soak the chicken pieces in the brine. Keep in the refrigerater for 12 hours.
3. After 12 hours, drain the chicken and discard the brine. Now prepare the marinade using all the marinade ingredients. Marinate the chicken for 2-4 hours.
4. Add salt and italian seasoning to the bell peppers. Keep aside.
5. Alternatively arrange bell pepper and chicken pieces on a skewer.
6. For charcoal grill, arrange the medium-hot coals and place the skewers on the grill rack. Grill chicken till it is done ( about 15-30 minutes), turning occasionally. ( you can also use oven grill at 180 C till done)
7. During the last 15 minutes bast (brush) with lemon juice and oil mixture. Keep turning occasionally.
8. Serve with green chutney and onions. Garnish with parsley.