1. It costs lesser.
2. You can adjust the amount of sugar or butter according to your preference.
3. Canned condensed may contain added synthetic stabilizers to increase the shelf-life, you can avoid them!
4. Lastly and importanly, it is really satisfying!!
You can use condensed milk in almost any dessert to get an amazing taste and texture! Even a generous layer of condensed milk on a toast is a dessert for me :) !! So get ready and let's cook the natural way!!
1 cup sugar (or less)
1 tablespoon butter (optional)
pinch of salt (skip if using salted butter) (optional)
2. Now if you want to make it quick then keep the milk boiling on high flames till it thickens (but still runny). Stirring in between and scraping the sides too. The milk may take 15-20 minutes to get ready. (you can't leave the milk unattended)
3. Or you can let the milk boil on very low flames till it reaches the right consistency , however you still have to keep a check on it. It may take an hour to get ready.
4. Stir in the butter and pour the prepared condensed milk into a airtight glass jar. Cool it and store it in refrigerator. Keeps up to a week in refrigerator and keeps up to a month in freezer.
Makes about 1 cup