Thursday 10 December 2015

Butter Cake (The melt-in-mouth cake)

When I was a child, Christmas time was one of the most loved time for me
 1) because of the cake treats 
2) because of the gifts 
3) because of the vacation time 
4) and; the winter time, my favourite season.

 Even now it is still the most loved time, but only the reasons have changed. Now I love Christmas 
1) for the cakes and cookies I bake for my girl 
2) for the gift(s) she smartly gets from us 
3) for that extra hour sleep cause of vacation time....hehehe 
4) and; for the cosy evenings we all spend together!!

This cake recipe is just a start to this festive mood. What I like about this cake is that it is so soft and delicious, it literally melts in your mouth!! So try this cake and enjoy the Christmas time!!



You need
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla 

For the glaze
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1-2 teaspoon milk (adjust to get the right consistency)
1 tablespoon any chopped nut or berries (optional)

Method
1. Preheat oven at 180 C. Line a 8 inch cake pan with butter paper. Keep aside.

2. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda well in a bowl. Keep aside.

3. Whisk and cream together butter and sugar till smooth and fluffy.

4. Add egg and whisk again till smooth (do not overdo). Add vanilla and mix lightly.

5. Alternately fold in the flour and milk (2 tablespoon each at a time)  into the wet mixture. 

6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Tap hard on the surface to release any air bubble.

7. Bake at 180 C for 30-35 minutes or till knife comes out clean on inserted. Cool completely on wire rack.

8. For the glaze mix icing sugar, butter and milk in a bowl. Pour over the cake and can add nuts or berries of your choice. 

Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! That looks so moist and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things do change in life, don't they? I so agree with you too. What used to be and what it is now certainly different. Butter cake is ever classic. This spongy cake is there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! beautiful cake. It looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am die heart cake lover but never get guts to make it at home yet.... I guess this will be my first cake

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am die heart cake lover but never get guts to make it at home yet.... I guess this will be my first cake

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am die heart fan of cakes but you will quite surprice that even being a food blogger i never tried cakes yet,this would be my first cake I guess

    ReplyDelete