Saturday 18 April 2015

Ginger-Beet Smoothie


A smoothie is the easiest way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals. It is actually a meal in a glass. Just choose any fruit or vegetable or both, get a base(milk, coconut water, yogurt etc), add flavour and get ready to make your smoothie.
Frankly, I am not a big fan of beetroot but mamma said "Eat all vegetables", so I do so. I always find ways to have beetroot in my diet and this smoothie recipe is a delicious way. The hint of ginger made this smoothie so good that i named it ginger-beet Smoothie. If you don't like the raw taste of beetroot then just boil it for 5-8minutes, peel and use as directed. With this recipe I can have beetroots everyday!!! So just stock up your refrigerator with lots of fruits and vegetables and get started playing with ingredients to make a "homemade health drink", without preservatives and cook the natural way! Hope you like it!!




You need
1/3 cup beetroot (peeled and chopped)
10-12 dates (chopped)
1 tablespoon dried canberries
2 cups yogurt
1 cup water
1/8 teaspoon ginger juice
1 teaspoon lime juice
3 tablespoon raw sugar (if needed)

Method
1. Put all the ingredients in a powerful blender.

2. Blend till the mixture gets smooth.

Enjoy!!!


3 comments:

  1. Nice. Filling, healthy and nutritious. Wish I had the time in morning to wake up to smoothie. Mostly rushing my way through to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very healthy, refreshing and filling smoothie with ginger punch:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very healthy, filling and yummy smoothie. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete