I am really glad to share this recipe. I have always used dates in desserts but never tried in gravy. It was a risky experiment, I was not sure of the outcome, but to my surprise it turned out so good!!Dates are a sweet source of vitamins, minerals, fibres, antioxidants and an important source of iron. Adding dates to your diet is a good way to get instant energy and health benefits. This recipe is a new way for me to have dates. Hope you like it!!
1\2 cup dates (soft)
1 bunch fresh coriander leaves (with stalk)
2 green chilies
3-4 garlic cloves
3 medium onions (Chopped)
2 cups peas
1 cup cottage cheese
4 tablespoon lemon juice (or more)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon pepper powder
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
1. Deseed and roughly chop dates.
2. In a blender, blend together dates, coriander leaves, garlic and green chilies.
3. In a pan, heat oil and roast cumin seeds.
4. Fry onions till light pink and add peas. Cook till peas are tender.
5. Now put the dates mix and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Season with red chilli powder, pepper powder and salt.
7. Lastly add lemon juice and cottage cheese. Cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and green chilies.
Enjoy with naan and roti!!!