Saturday 12 July 2014

Chewy Fig Cookies (Eggless)

Figs are another super food I love to add to my diet. I simply love their texture, taste, chewiness and crunchiness of the seeds. They are like natural chew candies for me. Figs are a good source of potassium and fibers and counted among the healthiest food .These eggless chewy cookies are easy to make and gives instant energy, infact whenever I'm in a rush and don't have the time to eat , I simply grab one or two cookies and I'm good to go! Hope you'll like it!! Get the recipe here




You need
1cup dried figs
1 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/4 sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt

Method
1. Soak figs in luke warm water for 10 minutes and then blend them into a fine paste.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.Add oats.
3. In another bowl, mix together butter and sugar.
4. When sugar is dissolved completely, add the fig paste, honey and vanilla essence. Mix well.
5. Now gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix well
6. Scoop out some batter and then flatten them using spoon's back (giving them a cookie shape) on a baking tray.
7. Preheat oven at 180 C
8. Bake cookies for 20 minutes or till done.
9. Enjoy with a cup of milk.

1 comment:

  1. wow love this chewy cookies, have enough figs to use it so going to make this

    ReplyDelete