At times when you get bored of onion-tomato-gravy or simply just want a change, this recipe can be a good option. This recipe also has onions and tomatoes (which are optional though, just to get the raw fresh taste ) but it's different. I like it, hope you like it too...:) Get the recipe here
250g cottage cheese ( Homemade or store-brought)5 medium-sized onions
5-6 garlic cloves
handful of coriander leaves
6-7 cherry tomatoes (optional)
2tbsp besan (gram flour)
1/2 cup cream
2 cups water or stock
2 green cardamoms
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2tsp cumin seeds
2 inch long cinnamon stick
1tsp red chilli powder
salt to taste
Method1. chop one onion and blend other 4 onions with coriander leaves and garlic cloves.
2. In a wok, heat oil and put dried spices (coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamoms and cinnamon)
3. Add chopped onion and onion mix and cook till the paste leaves the oil.
4. Now add chilli powder, besan (gram flour), cook for few minutes and then add water and milk.
5. When the gravy thickens, add cream and season the gravy with salt and sugar.
6. Finally put tomatoes and cheese.Cook for another 5 mins.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and sprinkle ground pepper on serving.
ENJOY with naan or roti!!!